Yoga is an ancient art that goes far beyond the practice of asanas – postures. This is a philosophy that goes back to the time when religions existed more than 2,000 years ago. This is a philosophy that speaks about union. It talks about the union between all human beings, and also about the union with a greater energy that itself connects us all.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is an ancient art whose goal is to bring the practitioner back to the true self. The ancient scriptures tell us that the true self is a state of bliss. This is a state of inner happiness. The practice of asana – the practice of yoga postures – was created to stabilize us for sitting during meditation. Yoga is ultimately created to lead us to meditation and, consequently, to deeper states of awareness.
The Paths of Yoga
Based on this knowledge, it is important to understand that there are several different paths of yoga, which lead us to self-realization or inner happiness.
1. Karma yoga is action yoga. It is about removing mala. There are two different types of actions or karma. Sakam includes the search for the fruits of human action, while it is cleaner for us. This involves not a search for the fruits of human actions, but an action of a pure heart and pure consciousness, without any single thought for expectation. Living a life of low karma leads to a happier, more balanced and peaceful life.
2. Bhakti Yoga is the yoga of devotion. There is conditional loyalty, but unconditional loyalty is what is needed to eliminate vikshep or instability.
3. Gyana Yoga is the Yoga of Knowledge. Gyana Yoga talks a lot about the nature of consciousness. Now the nature of consciousness can be described as “sat chit anand.” “Sat” is existence or truth. We are all immortal in the sense that we are all souls, and the soul itself is immortal. This is our true nature. We are all in search of our true immortal person – our souls. That is why we constantly strive to live longer – we try to get in touch with our true self – our immortal souls.
4. “Chit” is wisdom, so we are all looking for wisdom, looking for the wisdom inherent in each of us.
5. Anand is bliss. Happiness is what we have always sought in the deepest core of our beings, we are all mostly happiness or bliss. Based on feelings, we all strive for self-realization or inner happiness through knowledge.
Download Free Yoga Wallpaper Backgrounds Gallery
Here is a collection of beautiful wallpapers of Yoga for you, this collection contains Yoga wallpapers background, images, photos, pictures for your desktop PC & smartphone available in HQ resolution. Click on the wallpapers you have chosen, download and set it as a background on your desktop.