What is Yoga?
Yoga is the science of right living and therefore should be included in everyone’s daily life. It works on all facets of the person: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and spiritual.
Yoga means ‘unity’ or ‘bandana’. The root of this word comes from Sanskrit word ‘yuj’, which means ‘join’. Linking this to the spiritual level means to be one of the personal consciousness with universal consciousness. At the practical level, yoga is a means of balancing and coordinating the body, mind and emotions. Yoga or unity is attained through the practice of Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandh, Shakharma and meditation.
Benefits of Yoga
Physical and psychological treatment is one of the most known benefits of yoga. It is so powerful and effective because it works on the principles of harmony and integration.
Yoga is a successful alternative to medicines in asthma, diabetes, blood pressure, arthritis, digestive disorders and other diseases, especially where modern science has not been successful in giving such treatment. According to medical scientists, yoga is successful due to the balance created in the nerve and endocrine system, which directly affects all other systems and organs of the body.
For most people, however, yoga is the main means of maintaining health in a stressful society. Yoga reverses the effects of bad habits – like staying in the chair all day, using mobile phones more, not exercising, over-eating, etc.
Rule of Yoga
If you follow some simple rules, then you will surely get the full benefit of yoga practice:
- Start practicing yoga on daily basis
- Yoga is the right time at the time of sunrise or sunset
- Be sure to take bath before yoga
- Practice yoga with empty stomach. Do not eat anything 2 hours before doing yoga.
- Wear comfortable cotton clothes.
- The mind should also be clean – before doing yoga remove all the bad thoughts from your brain.
- Practice yoga in a tranquil atmosphere and softer space.
- Keep your whole focus focused on your yoga practice.
- Practice yoga patience and firmly.
- Do not put too much force on your body while doing yoga.
- Have patience. It takes time to realize the benefits of yoga.
- Continuous practice yoga on daily basis.
- Do not eat anything after 30 minutes of doing the yoga. Do not bath for 1 hour.
- If there is any medical problem, first consult the doctor.
- If the pain starts to increase or there is a new problem, stop immediately practicing yoga and consult your doctor.
- Always breathe at the end of Yoga practice.
When to do Yoga or What is the Right Time to Do Yoga?
The best time for yoga for one to two hours before sunrise in the morning. If the morning is not possible for you then you can do it at sunset. Also, be sure to keep these things in mind too:
- If you decide a time on morning, then it will be great
- Do all the postures in a yoga mat
- You can do yoga in an open place like a park, or even at home. Just remember that there is such a place where you can breathe with peace of mind.
What is the Right Mental State Before Starting Yoga?
Yoga posture should always be done by keeping the mind in a peaceful state. Fill your mind with the idea of peace and stability and focus your mind on removing your thoughts from the outer world. Make sure you are not so tired.
What is the Correct Mental State During Yoga?
Take a closer look at the Asanas you are doing. Concentrate your concentration on the part of body. Doing this will give you the best possible benefit. When doing asana, breathing is very important. Breathe in and breathe out is the most important thing everyone must do while practicing yoga.
Yoga Tips for Beginners
If you are starting yoga for the first time in life or are not much familiar with yoga, then keep a special note of these things:
- Practice your yoga practice with patience. If there is less flexibility in your body then you may have difficulty in doing most of the fuss in the beginning. Do not worry if you are not able to do the asanas first time. All will be easy with easy repetition. Muscles and joints that are low in stretching will gradually become flexible.
- Do not hurry or coax your body
- In the beginning you can do the same asana that you can easily do. Just be aware that your breathing is rhythmic.
- In the beginning, always relax for a few seconds between two postures. Set the duration of relaxation in the middle of the two asanas according to your physical needs. Reduce this period over time.
What Precautions Should be Taken for Good Yoga?
- It is said mostly that women should not practice yoga during menstruation.
- It is better to do yoga during the pregnancy buy only with the direction of a Yoga guru.
- Smoking should be strictly prohibited. If you have a habit of tobacco or smoking, then try yoga and try to quit this bad habit.
- Be sure to sleep well. The body also needs relaxation with exercise and nutritious diet. Sleep in time.
Believe in yourself and in yoga. Positive thinking is the true companion of an ideal yoga practice. Your mental state and attitude will eventually give you all the benefits from Yoga.